The Brothers club were known for many years as Marist Bros. The first recorded premiership win was in C grade in 1926 with many others to follow. The Brothers Club name was adopted in 1973 and the Knight in Shining armour became the club emblem. The first A grade Brothers side entered the competition in 1978. In 1980 G grade (U13s) entered the competition and in 1981 Brothers took over all the schoolboys teams from Marist Bros Mosman and the High School at North Sydney.